The relationship between employer and employee is one of the most crucial to establish in a business for the business to flourish. I encourage small businesses to outsource and contract with an HR company and payroll company for essential employee matters. But to assist you,
- I will examine your employee classification based on job descriptions and duties.
- I will help you properly classify, retain and contract with independent contractors and freelancers, an area of employment that is fraught with dangers.
- I will advise you on wage and hour laws and how to maintain compliance.
- I will review your employee handbooks, or draft a handbook if you don’t have one, to make sure that you are not in conflict with law, are complying with the laws that apply, and ensure you don’t create a relationship with your employees that is detrimental in case there is a conflict.
- I can draft non-disclosure, non-compete, and non-solicitation agreements.
- As you grow, I will keep you advised on laws that affect you as you hire more employees.
Your relationship with your employees is vital and having a great relationship is as much about understanding expectations as it is about personalities.