12 Jun Vaccination Programs & EEOC
We are receiving a lot of questions about what an employer can and cannot do when it comes to the COVID-19 vaccines in the workplace:
- Can I require my employees to get vaccinated?
- Can I require my employees to show proof of vaccination?
- What exceptions can be made for employees with disabilities or religious beliefs that prevent them from getting vaccinated? What accommodations can I make?
- What is a direct threat assessment and how do I perform one?
- If an employee refuses to get vaccinated for a reason not listed above, can I terminate them?
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) recently updated their guidance regarding employer vaccine programs and policies. You can read their guidance here and scroll down to Section K about vaccine programs.
I know that these questions are common and lots of questions about whether employers can require vaccines populate my inbox on a pretty much daily basis. But if you have a question that is not answered or you need to get specific guidance for your company, please schedule a consult here.