17 Jun Frequently Asked Questions
Posted at 22:18h in #mattthelawyer
Welcome to the Johnston Business Law Group blog! Are you looking for some particular information? We’ve outlined some of the questions we get asked the most in hopes of pointing you in the right direction. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact us or schedule a consultation!
About our firm
Intellectual Property & Branding
- I want to rebrand my business. What legal steps do I need to take?
- What is the difference between a trademark, copyright and patent?
- What does the trademark application process look like?
- What do I need to have to start a trademark application?
- What is the difference between intent to use and in commerce?
- What does it mean to get an office action?
- What are some qualities of a strong trademark?
Small Biz Start Up
- Corporations and LLCs: What’s the difference?
- How do I know if I’m ready to start a small business?
- What is an S-Corp?
- Should I prepare a non-compete agreement?
- What contract terms should I know for independent contractors and freelancers?
- What is governing law, jurisdiction and venue?
- What’s an employee handbook and what do I include in it?
- How do I discipline an employee after a sexual harassment scenario?
Popular presentation slides from #MattTheLawyer
- Employee Handbook Compliance
- Partnerships: Dream or Nightmare?
- Independent Contractors
- Business Planning and Recovery
- Business Partnerships
- Employee Handbooks
- Legal Risk Management
- Commercial Leases
Informational podcasts and interviews with #MattTheLawyer
- Business Interruption Planning and Recovery with the City Hyattsville (6:45 to 37:50)
- How to Start a Business, Legally with the Gutsy Podcast
- Policing Plagarism: What to Do When Someone Steals Your Creative Work with Design Domination
- Tips About Trademarking Logo Designs with Design Domination
- Are You Protecting Your Design Rights and Covering Your Assets with Design Domination
- Contract Teardown Sirius XM Employment Contract with Law Insider
- Writing Skills for Contracts – Insights Interview with Mike Whelan (Casetext)