18 Sep Vaccine Policies: What Employers Can Ask Employees
Posted at 09:53h in #mattthelawyer, Employment Law
We get a lot of questions on what employers can ask employees when it comes to COVID-19, accommodations, vaccines, and workplace protections. In this video, #MattTheLawyer answers some popular ones. For example:
- Yes, you can ask your employees if they are vaccinated.
- Yes, you can ask employees to produce records of vaccination. (If you collect that information it needs to be held separately from the employee files)
- Yes, you can ask questions if someone is claiming a medical exemption to your policy. (for example, documentation from their medical provider confirming their reasoning)
- Yes, you can ask if they are not getting vaccinated because of a religious belief, but we highly recommend you consult with legal counsel about how to handle those conversations.
- Yes, you can ask those who are not vaccinated to get a regular test and submit documentation.
Tune into the video below for more common questions.